E-Learning Module: Small Hydro Energy
The objective of this module it is present the theoretical basis relating to the study of a hydroelectric at a certain site development, as well as to present the different types of small hydroelectric power plants and their components; since the civil engineering work to the electromechanical equipment.
The most important objectives of this module are:
- To understand the hydraulic resource available in a particular location, to determine the net head and the flow of equipment is evaluated
- Defining the typology of the hydroelectric power plant can be installed at each site, as well as all its components related to civil construction.
- Understand the operation of hydraulic turbines, the types that can be used and the process of selection of the optimal turbine.
- Define and design the electromechanical equipment of the plant.
- Analyze the different operating modes and system automation and control.
- To study the environmental impact involved in the installation of a hydro power plant.
- Consider economic aspects and study the economic profitability.
- Feasibility study for a hydroelectric development applied to an specific area of LAC region.